Lead-free solder 4.0
Our BSA® low-temperature solder is perfect for wave and selective soldering, offering exceptional process stability and no copper leaching. BSA® is a lead-free, low-temperature electronic solder. It is made from the highest quality tin, bismuth and silver in accordance with the DIN standard for soft solder (DIN EN 61190). It also complies with all current technical regulations – from the RoHS Directive to the REACH Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 and CLP Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008.
Benefits in wave and selective soldering
- Process window is more than 15 times longer than for conventional solders with melting points of 218–228 °C
- Virtually no copper leaching
- Superior wetting behaviour and soldering properties for excellent hole filling
- Minimal temperature stress on electronic components thanks to melting point of 138 °C
- Up to 50% less tin oxide (dross)
- Significant cost savings due to lower system maintenance and repair
- Up to 40% reduction in energy consumption and CO2during wave soldering process
- Up to 50% increase in soldering productivity, especially on complex multi-layer assemblies
Our lead-free BSA® complies with all current regulations and can be introduced immediately without system modification or risk (even when switching from conventional SnAgCu or SnCu alloys).
How our customers profit from BSA®
BSA® low-temperature solder is not only less expensive than SnCuNi and SnAgCu solders, it is also much more eco-friendly thanks to its enormous energy savings.
And that is excellent news for our customers:
Using our BSA® solder, Fujitsu Technology Solutions in Augsburg reduced its energy consumption by 250,000 kWh – for which it won the KUMAS Lead Project Award in 2016.
KUMAS is an environmental networking agency based in Augsburg. Since 1998, it has rewarded processes, products, services, systems, developments and research that demonstrate exemplary environmental expertise and innovation.